SJP Partners in Care (PIC) is a 50/50 partnership between St. John Providence and The Physician Alliance – a physician organization comprised of more than 2300 physicians in SE Michigan.
PIC Board provides Leadership for its activities through the following physician-sponsored committees:
- Utilization and Quality Improvement Committee
- Finance and Contracting Committee
St. John Providence is taking a huge step forward in being a healthcare delivery system that delivers coordinated care to patient populations through a lifetime of health management. Creation of SJP Partners in Care is a keystone to delivering care in the era of health care payment reform. Because payers such as CMS, BCBSM and others are transitioning from a fee for service model to new reimbursement models for managing the health of populations, SJP Partners in Care will be better positioned for success.
SJP Partners in Care:
- Serves as the provider network to manage the ongoing care of patients in Wayne, Macomb, Oakland, Livingston and St. Clair Counties
- Advances clinical excellence through evidence-based quality metrics and clinical integration
- Facilitates patient engagement through self-management care principles
- Expands the Patient-Centered Medical Model (PCMH) model to the PCMH Neighborhood, delivering a coordinated patient care experience across the continuum
- Promotes the effective use of information technology (electronic medical record, patient portal and health information exchange)
- Continues to take significant steps forward towards development of an Accountable Care Organization (ACO)
- Serves as the contracting entity for traditional managed care contracts as well as new and innovative contracting opportunities with insurers and employers SJP Partners in Care will continue to grow and thrive as we cross new frontiers in population health management.
Patient Centered Medical Home update
Congratulations to our 355 primary care physicians and 132 practices that achieved Blue Cross Blue Shield Patient Centered Medical Home designation!